Email stinks. That’s not too bad, but I’d much rather do things in person via video conference or chat. My rule of thumb: If emailing becomes too much of a hassle, call instead.
That said, email has its place, so it’s a good idea to make your inbox as useful as possible. For me, it starts with an annual ritual. That means deleting all old emails from the previous year. try out.
Smartphone tricks iPhone and Android users should know
Try The Current, my free daily technology newsletter. It’s written by me, not an AI, and it’s an email you’ll actually want to read. Join the 500,000 smart people who are reading this book.
The secret is simple: Archive your inbox.
You’ll be surprised at how effective this is at getting your digital headspace back.
so what teeth Email archive? Basically, it stores records of everything you send and receive. Therefore, a copy of your messages and attachments will always be kept, but not in your Inbox.
Sure, you could file all your emails into carefully categorized folders, but how likely are you to actually maintain that level of organization? Archiving is a great gift to give yourself in the new year. Plus, it’s an easy New Year’s resolution to keep. With the click of a few buttons, your life will already become easier.
Follow these steps to archive to Gmail
- First, open your Gmail account on your computer and inbox folder on the left.
- There is an empty checkbox above the email.Please click on the small arrow Please select next to it all. This will select only the conversations that are visible on screen.
- choose all Click on email address Select all (number) conversations In your inbox. next, archive icon (folder with a downward arrow).
It may take some time for Gmail to process your request. be patient. You may need to perform this step several times to get everything.
5 Stupid Technology Security Mistakes You Make
Once you have archived your messages, press the following button: all emails Find it by navigating to the left, then under your inbox and other email folders on the right. Your best bet is to search for terms you know are in the email or by the sender.
Are you using Apple Mail? What to do here?
- open email app On your Mac. Look through your inbox and other folders to find emails you want to keep hidden. Click on email Choose or if you have many, instructions Press the key and click each file you want to archive.
- Obtained ‘archive’ Toolbar button (looks like a small box)? Just click on it and you will be golden. Missing a button? no problem.click ‘message’ Select at the top ‘archive’ From the dropdown. If you need a shortcut, press the button below. Control + Command + A Those emails are compressed directly into the archive.
- where did they go? Please head towards. ‘archive’ folder. This is located in the sidebar under “Mailbox”. Do you have multiple email accounts? Each has its own archive folder.
If you need to search for those emails again, just click on them ‘archive’ Folder at any time. All your archived emails are there and ready to go.
How to archive emails in Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook does not place archived messages in a separate folder. Instead, you go directly to a data file that you can access at any time.
- select File > cleanup tools > archivethen hit Archive this folder and all subfolders. Select the folder to archive. In this case, it’s your inbox.
- [次の期間より古いアイテムのアーカイブ]To, date. For example, you might want to archive everything before 2012. Then check the following boxes: Include the “Do not auto-organize” item. click got itYou are now ready.
You will see the emails disappear from your inbox and subfolders. It will now appear under the heading “Archives”.
2023: The year of innovation and disruption in technology
Inbox must be clean
Now that you know my secret, your inbox should be a lot cleaner as we head into the new year. Worried you might be missing out on something? My tips are: Really Important, the person will also email you.
As a side note, keep in mind that even if you archive your emails, you can still be subpoenaed for litigation. We do not provide legal advice and recommend that you consult an attorney if you have any questions regarding this matter.
Do you use Yahoo?There are instructions for archiving on the website here.
maintain technical knowledge
My popular podcast is called “Kim Commando today.” This is 30 minutes packed with tech news, tips, and callers like you with tech questions from all over the country. Find us wherever you get your podcasts. In case you’re wondering. Click the link below for the latest episode.
Podcast recommendations: Billionaire doomsday preppers, copyright trolls, and malicious Amazon scams
I also share my 2024 technology aspirations and how I can leverage AI to make them a reality. California has banned this very strange product from Amazon. Yes, it involves donkeys. As your Peloton tablet becomes obsolete, here are five road trip tips for your tech vacation.
Check out my podcast, “Kim Commando Today.” Apple, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Or your favorite podcast player.
Listen to the podcast here Or wherever you get your podcasts. Search for my last name “Commando”.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Sound like a tech pro, even if you’re not. Popular award-winning host Kim Commando is your secret weapon. listen Over 425 radio stations or get the podcast.Join her 400,000+ people who support her Free 5-minute daily email newsletter.
Copyright 2024, WestStar Multimedia Entertainment. All rights reserved.