Former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos doesn’t think Francis Ngannou has much of a chance in his next boxing match against Tyson Fury. Dos Santos acknowledges Ngannou’s power and strength, but he believes Ngannou lacks the quality of boxing skills needed to effectively fight an experienced boxer like Fury. .
Dos Santos believes the fight is “very interesting” for Fury due to Ngannou’s hype and popularity in MMA. However, he likened the fight to Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor, with Mayweather having the upper hand despite McGregor’s MMA background. Dos Santos expects Fury to put on a show for the fans and slowly defeat Ngannou over the course of the fight.
He stresses that while a fight is a fight, the transition to boxing is difficult, especially when facing an experienced boxer like Fury who is used to 12-round bouts. Dos Santos believes Ngannou’s best chance is to come forward in the early rounds and take advantage of his power, but cautioned that waiting too long could lead to negative results. ing.
Dos Santos gives Fury a huge advantage and a 95 percent chance of winning, while Ngannou has a 5 percent chance, thanks largely to his mixed martial arts background and punching power. However, he admits that boxing is a different discipline and strategy plays an important role in the outcome of a match.