Former President Donald Trump has said the world is turning against Israel’s campaign and urged Israeli authorities to “end” the attack on the Gaza Strip.
In an interview with Israeli newspaper Israel Hayom, Trump, who is considered to be the Republican candidate for president in 2024, talked about the ongoing military invasion and warned that the world is growing tired of conflict.
“The war has to end. It has to end. It has to get done,” he told the newspaper.
House Democrats urge Biden to target Israeli military aid over humanitarian concerns in Gaza
Former Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks at a campaign rally in Rome, Georgia. (AP Photo/Mike Stewart)
He continued: “We have to achieve peace. We cannot go on like this. I want to say that Israel needs to be very careful, because you are losing so much of the world. Because they’re losing a lot of support.”
Israel has been conducting attacks in the Gaza Strip since the day after the October 7 massacre, a major terrorist attack launched by Hamas that killed more than 1,200 Israeli citizens.
Meanwhile, relations between President Biden’s administration and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s administration continue to deteriorate.
Israel praises parliamentary blow to UN agency over alleged ties to Hamas as investigation continues

An Israeli soldier rides on a tank at the border with the Gaza Strip in southern Israel. (AP)
Prime Minister Netanyahu has made it clear that an invasion of the city of Rafah is imminent, with or without US approval.
“It’s a terrible portrait. It’s a very bad situation for the world,” President Trump told the paper, referring to Israel’s ground attacks. “I think they wanted to show that things are tough in Israel, but sometimes they shouldn’t be.”
According to the Hamas-run Palestinian Health Ministry, more than 30,000 Palestinians have been killed or injured in the conflict since October 7.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Palestinians gather to pray at noon on the first Friday of the Islamic holy fasting month of Ramadan in front of the ruins of the Al-Farouq Mosque, which was destroyed by Israeli shelling, in Rafah, southern Gaza Strip. (Mohammed Abed/AFP via Getty Images)
President Trump also harshly criticized the Biden administration’s handling of the conflict during the interview, claiming that Hamas would not have committed the October 7 massacre had he remained president.
“He cannot speak. He is a very stupid person. He is a stupid person. His foreign policy for 50 years has been terrible,” he told Israel Hayom. “If you look at the people who were with him in other administrations, they saw him as a weak and incompetent president. [Hamas] If I had been there, I would never have made that attack. ”
Fox News Digital’s Anders Hagstrom contributed to this report.