Russell Brand’s latest accuser detailed her alleged assault and the studio’s alleged failure to protect her. new interview with the Sunday Times.
The woman was sentenced to New York Supreme Court on Friday, nearly two months after she was accused of “rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse” by four other women during 2006. Brand, Warner Bros. , and three related production companies. This was revealed in 2013 in a joint investigation by several UK-based news organizations.
Brando’s accuser, referred to as Jane Doe in the lawsuit and anonymous interviews, alleges that she was sexually assaulted while appearing as an extra in the 2010 remake of the film Arthur. dark 1981 romantic comedy About an alcoholic millionaire.
“I felt used and abused. Disgusting is the only word I can describe,” Doe told the Times. “I felt like I was being used. I was just an object for his temporary excitement.”
Doe claims that Brando first exposed himself to her in front of multiple members of the cast and crew and then sexually assaulted her in the bathroom “while a member of the production staff was guarding the door from the outside.” He claimed to have added it.
In court documents, Brando’s accuser claims that before the incident, Brando was “intoxicated, smelled of alcohol, and was carrying a bottle of vodka on set.”
During the filming of the movie over a decade ago, Brando told the New York Times He was just sniffing alcohol to get into character. (The actor celebrated his 20th anniversary of sobriety last December.)
In addition to the brand, Doe’s lawsuit names Warner Bros. and production companies MBST Entertainment, Benderspink and Langley Park Pictures as defendants.
In an interview, Doe said he felt it was impossible to come forward given how influential the “Take Me to the Greeks” actor was on and off set.
“Normally everyone turns a blind eye to bad behavior on set,” she says. “If I came forward and said something to, say, a production assistant on set, what would they do? Are they going to fire Russell Brand or are they going to fire me?”
Bland’s attorney did not respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.
The brand has not yet responded to Doe’s lawsuit, but has denied the accusations of all four women involved. joint investigation Back in September, he said that while he was “very promiscuous” at the time, the sex was “absolutely always consensual.”
Doe told the Times that she was inspired to come forward after hearing testimonies from Bland’s other alleged victims.
“I don’t think I would have been able to do that if I had been alone. Hopefully, by watching other women come forward with what happened to them, I found the strength deep within myself to speak out. I want it,” she said.