Ensuring high-quality drinking water is an investment in your health and well-being. Ingesting contaminated water can expose you to diseases such as diarrhea, cholera, typhoid fever, and red intestine.
in fact, According to the World Health OrganizationDiarrhea is the second leading cause of death in children under 5 years of age, and approximately 1.7 billion children suffer from diarrheal diseases each year.
Diarrhea is a core symptom of waterborne diseases, making it even more important to improve the quality of drinking water.
In addition to this, considering the current coronavirus pandemic, it has become increasingly important to prioritize the health of your family.
You don’t want your loved ones, especially children, to be more susceptible to diarrhea and other infections and complications from COVID-19 just because they’re drinking contaminated water.
Ways to improve the quality of drinking water include:
Water filtration has been around for a long time, with filtration systems being used since the time of the Egyptian pharaohs.
Filtration is a process that removes or reduces impurities and contaminants in water. Over the years, the process has improved and different technologies have become available.
Filtration can be done by separating particles from the water using a physical barrier or through chemical or biological processes.
Check out our water filtration options.
- Consider purchasing a system that uses a carbon filter. It is highly effective at removing impurities including chemicals such as herbicides and pesticides. These are captured by the filter and do not reach the water.
- Consider purchasing a system that provides multi-stage filtration. This will help remove any cysts or other parasites that may be hiding in your pipes. Also, anything potentially carcinogenic is removed.
The best way to ensure water safety and purity is to invest in a water filter. We recommend purchasing an under-sink system so you can filter water directly from your faucet.
Consider installing an under-sink filter from your provider like filter top To improve water quality.
UV water purification system
UV water purification systems can filter out everything from herbicides to antibiotics and even radioactive substances. UV lights are similar to standard flashlights that can be used to treat and purify water.
The system works by utilizing UV-C light to penetrate microorganisms in the water. These photons are absorbed by the pathogen’s DNA and change the pathogen’s molecular structure so that it is no longer able to replicate and cause infection.
Strengthen water naturally
Infuses natural ingredients to naturally enhance water and remove water contaminants. It can enhance the taste and increase the nutritional value.
Take a look at the following natural ingredients that can be injected into your water to improve its quality.
- Tea (black tea, green tea, herbal tea, oolong tea, or white tea)
use a straw water filter
Straw water purifiers are usually used by people living in rural areas and travelers. Travel water filters differ from regular straws in that they require strong suction from tap water.
Most of these straw filters are made of stainless steel. To enjoy clean water for drinking, cooking, and other daily uses, we recommend washing the filter and replacing it with a new one after use.
Check out the following benefits of using straw water filters.
- Straw filters are highly recommended for emergency situations where clean drinking water is not available.You can also make DIY water filter In emergency situations to avoid dehydration during disasters and other natural disasters.
- Straw filters allow you to obtain clean water from natural sources such as rivers and streams. Perfect for hiking, camping, and other outdoor adventures.
- The portable water purifier straw is easy to carry anywhere. Since it is lightweight, the installation space can be kept to a minimum. Many manufacturers offer a variety of straws to choose from to suit your requirements.
Maintain your septic tank properly
Septic tanks can overflow if not properly maintained. Waste tends to leak into the ground and can contaminate water supplies.
Here are some tips to help you maintain your septic system.
- Clear storm drains: You can keep your drinking water clean by keeping your storm drains clear of trash and other unwanted materials.
- hire a plumber: If your drain is clogged, hire a plumber to remove the blockage without damaging the pipe or drain.
Avoid boiling water for cooking and drinking
The hot water dissolves sediment and chemicals stuck in water pipes. These contaminants can pass along with the water you use for cooking and drinking, resulting in contamination of your water supply. Drink as much room temperature or cold water as possible.
One way to improve water quality is to boil it. This is one of the simplest and most effective ways to improve water quality and clean the water you use.
Boiling water kills and inactivates pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, and protozoa in it.
High temperatures can damage the structural components of these harmful substances, so that they no longer pose any negative health effects to humans when ingested. The temperature requirement for pasteurizing water is to heat it to 100 °C or 212 °F.
So if you want to enjoy clean and safe water for drinking and cleaning, you don’t have to worry about boiling the water.
Improving the quality of your drinking water will not only ensure that your drinks don’t taste strange, but more importantly, the process will help you avoid any diseases that could make you or your loved ones more susceptible to disease. You can protect your family from ingesting pathogens.
You can try water filtration and purification methods, such as manual filters or UV systems, to remove contaminants.
You can also power up your water by infusing it with fruit. Boiling is also an easy method.
Additionally, make sure to properly maintain your septic tank and avoid running hot water into your cooking or drinking water pipes, as it can contaminate your water supply.
About the author:
Kevin Slater is a successful blogger who frequently writes about health and wellness, personal development, and parenting. Kevin is known for writing informative and witty content on his blog and other online platforms. When not busy writing, Kevin often spends time at home with his family and pets.