If you use a lot of tools, you probably already know the importance of keeping them organized and secure. A sturdy and secure tool chest keeps all your important items organized and in one place. Additionally, many tool chests have wheels so you can move them around while you work. Some also have other useful features, such as built-in power strips and safety locks.
There are many options for tool chests. That’s why we’ve created a list of the 10 best tool chests available on Amazon to help you find the best tool chest for your needs.
The perfect tool chest for your business
WORKPRO 9 Tier Rolling Tool Chest
Top recommendation: Our top pick is WorkPro’s 9-drawer rolling chest, which is large enough to store and organize all your tools. Made of stainless steel with anti-rust and anti-corrosion treatment. The solid wood top provides the perfect workspace, and the locking system keeps your tools and essentials safe. It has 2 fixed casters and 2 locking casters so you can move it where you need it.
CRAFTSMAN workbench with drawer liner
runner-up: A close second is another workbench-style chest. Craftsman’s 41-inch rolling storage chest features a butcher block top, no-slam ball-bearing drawers, and deep drawers for more tools and tool cases. This rolling tool chest also comes with a roll of drawer liners and a set of drawer trays.
ERGOMASTER 5 Tier Rolling Tool Chest
Great value: Our best value selection proves you don’t have to pay a lot to get the best tool chest for your money. His 5 drawer tool chest from Ergomaster is small but has enough space to store all your tools thanks to the drawers, trays and cabinets. Measuring only 23″ deep x 11″ wide x 40.5″ high, this tool chest is perfect for tight spaces. In addition, the entire cabinet can be divided into two boxes.
OEMTOOLS Professional 8 Drawer Tool Chest
This rolling tool storage chest has over 10,000 cubic inches of storage capacity. There are seven shallow drawers that can hold 100 pounds each and one deep drawer rated for 200 pounds. Sturdy casters and sturdy handles make it easy to move, and a tubular locking system keeps your tools secure.
Kennedy Manufacturing 7 Tier Rolling Tool Chest
Kennedy Manufacturing’s rolling tool chest is constructed from heavy-gauge steel with a powder coat finish. The top has three edges to prevent slipping, and the seven drawers have an internal automatic locking system. Tubular side handles and swivel casters make steering and moving easy and smooth.
Goplus 4 Tier Rolling Tool Cabinet with Casters
Goplus’ tool chest on wheels offers multi-layered organization and storage. The top storage area, two drawers and bottom shelf have plenty of space to store your tools, and the sliding top and his two drawers can be locked together for safe storage. Two lockable casters and two regular casters make it easy to move the tool chest.
Grizzly Industrial 10 Drawer Rolling Tool Chest
Grizzly Industrial offers this large 10-drawer rolling tool chest to store all your tools and toolboxes. The drawers come in a variety of sizes and all have protective foam padding. One key can lock and unlock all drawers. The body of the chest cabinet is made of 19 gauge steel, and the top and bottom are 18 gauge steel.
GEARWRENCH 5 drawer tool chest
Gearwrench takes tool storage a step further by offering an integrated power strip. This 41-inch chest of drawers is fixed, constructed from 20-gauge alloy steel, and has self-returning sliding drawers with a 100-pound capacity.
original pink box
This slim, lockable tool chest keeps your tools close at hand when you need them and securely stored when you don’t. Each of the five drawers holds up to 100 pounds and features quick-release ball bearing slides, stain-resistant pulls, and matching non-slip liners. It has a total storage capacity of 5,825 cubic inches and comes in a very bright pink color.
Global Industrial Pedestal Shop Desk and Tool Chest
Last but not least is the desk and tool chest combo from Global Industrial. Made of alloy steel, it has 4 spacious drawers, a flat surface top and a storage shelf on top. All drawers have cylinder locks and padlock latches, as well as outlet-compatible punch-outs.
What to pay attention to when buying a tool chest
For professionals who rely on tools every day for their businesses and projects, a tool chest is more than just a box, it’s an important companion that increases efficiency and productivity. Keeping your tools organized and within easy reach can make a big difference in your work output. Therefore, if you want to buy a tool chest to improve your work process, we will discuss these factors in more detail.
- Adjust your workspace: Toolchest must be synchronized with your workspace. If you have a small area, consider a vertical chest of drawers. For large spaces, a wide chest may be more suitable.
- Expansion plans: Think about future tool acquisitions. Will your collection grow? Make sure your chest can accommodate additional tools.
- Frequency of movement: If you frequently change your workspace, a chest of drawers on wheels offers unparalleled convenience. Look for smooth, sturdy casters.
- Locking mechanism: Some wheeled tool chests have locking wheels to ensure stability while working.
- Importance of material: Steel is commonly used because of its strength. Aluminum is lighter, but may be less resilient. Check the gauge (thickness) of the material.
- Rust resistance: This is especially important if your workspace is humid. Powder coated finish prevents rust.
- Drawer slides: ensure smooth sliding even when fully loaded. Ball bearing slides are popular for this purpose.
- Gas struts: On chests with lids, they close safely, slowly and quietly.
- Additional features:
- Integrated lighting: Some chests have built-in LED lights for use in dark areas.
- Dividers and Bins: Increase organization by separating tools based on type or size.
You’ll probably also like:
More information: Small business essentials