Panama City Beach – With a new hotel on the beach, guests can stay within walking distance of not only the Gulf of Mexico, but also the area’s popular shopping centers.
Local authorities on Thursday celebrated the grand opening of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Panama City Beach Resort, a 255-room hotel located at 16006 Front Beach Road. Here’s what we know about this property near Russell Fields Pier, next to Pier Park.
Who owns the new Embassy Suites?
The hotel was built through a joint partnership between St. Joe, Key International and Hilton, according to a press release from The St. Joe Company.
St. Joe is a large land developer headquartered in Panama City Beach. Key International is a global real estate developer and investment firm with operations in Florida, Spain and Portugal. Hilton is a popular hospitality brand known around the world.
St. Joe’s Hospitality Spokesperson, David Demarest, said: “Probably the most walkable[hotel]on Panama City Beach, as it’s adjacent to Pier Park, but it’s also just steps away on Front Beach Road with unobstructed views of the bay.”
Local hotels:St. Joe Company to Open Five New Hotels in Walton and Bay Counties in First Half of 2023
Another St. Joe development:Bay County’s Latitude Margaritaville Watersound Helps Developer Win Two National Titles
What types of rooms are available at the new Embassy Suites?
The hotel has a mix of one and two bedroom suites. This includes both family two-bedroom suites and multi-room suites with bunk beds.
There is also a “Five Feet to Fitness” suite with exercise equipment, including Peloton bikes.
What are the hotel amenities?
According to Barbara Wright, director of sales and marketing for local Embassy Suites, the property has a heated pool with a slide and hot tub. There are also 2 restaurants. Blu Bar & Grill serves lunch and dinner. Finn serving breakfast.
General Manager Mike Cholli said the hotel also offers complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary drinks and snacks, and valet parking.
“We feel like we offer a home away from home experience,” Wright said.
“Panama City Beach has great hotels,” says Chouri. “There are some newer hotels and older ones, but what sets us apart is the all-suite concept with free full he breakfast (and) free reception.”
The hotel has about 15,500 square feet of dedicated meeting space, excluding the pool area, according to the release. This includes a ballroom of over 3,500 square feet, his two meeting rooms of 783 square feet, an outdoor courtyard of 5,550 square feet and a rooftop area called “Vue 55” of approximately 3,400 square feet.
What other hotels are owned or managed by St. Joe?
In addition to the new Embassy Suites, a local land development company oversees three other hotels in Bay County. they are:
- Hilton Garden Inn Panama City Airport – 143 room hotel located at 5625 Venture Crossings Blvd. Located in unincorporated Bay County near Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Panama City Beach – 131 room hotel at 47 Chip Seal Parkway in Panama City Beach.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Panama City Beach – 124 room hotel located at Panama City Beach Pkwy 16000. At Panama City Beach.
The company also oversees four hotels west of Bay County in Walton County. they are:
- Lodge 30A – 85 room hotel at 4721 E. County Hwy 30A, Santa Rosa Beach.
- WaterColor Inn − 67 room hotel at 34 Goldenrod Cir. At Santa Rosa Beach.
- The Pearl – 55 room hotel at 63 Main Street, Rosemary Beach.
- Watersound Inn − 11 room hotel at 6652 E. County Hwy. 30A. Near Seacrest.
Are there more St. Joe Hotels in development?
The company is working on four other hotels. they are:
- Hotel Indigo Panama City Marina – a 124-room hotel under construction at 7 Harrison Avenue in Panama City. It is scheduled to open this year.
- Residence Inn by Marriott – 121 room hotel located at 15900 Panama City Beach Parkway in Panama City Beach. It is scheduled to open in 2024.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Santa Rosa Beach – 107-room hotel at 110 West Hewett Road in Santa Rosa Beach. It is scheduled to open this year.
- Camp Creek Inn – A 75 room hotel located at 684 Fazio Drive, Panama City Beach. It is scheduled to open this year.