Have you ever wished you had more concrete evidence of what was said in a text message? Maybe you need to prove a point, resolve a dispute, or record important information. I don’t know.
Whatever the reason, printing text messages is a great way to save a hard copy of your conversations, which can be helpful if you need to go to court or simply hold someone accountable.
But how do you print text messages on your iPhone? It’s not as simple as you think. Unlike some other phones, the iPhone doesn’t have a built-in option to print messages directly from the Messages app. However, there are several options, depending on how many messages you want to print and whether you need physical or digital copies.
1. Using screenshots
The easiest and quickest way to print text messages on your iPhone is to take a screenshot of the conversation and print it from the Photos app. This method is suitable if you only have a few messages to print and you don’t mind having them in image format. Here’s how:
- going to message Select an app and conversation I want to print.
- To take a screenshot of a conversation, depending on the type of iPhone you have, lock button And that top volume button At the same time, or on some older iPhones, home button And that lock button at the same time.
- Then go to photograph App.
- Tap. album Click on the tab to select it screenshot.
Bill Gates says AI is ‘pretty stupid’ now, but predicts everyone will have a robotic ‘agent’ within five years
- click select and tap all screenshots Select the items you want to print (checkmarks will appear in blue circles).
- Then in the bottom left corner Share button.
- Then select Print.
- Please make sure you have wireless printer Now that it’s in range and connected to your iPhone, adjust the settings as needed.
“Hal, are you reading?” Space agency considers pairing astronauts with AI companions in deep space
- Tap Print Click in the top right corner and wait until the message prints.
You have successfully printed text messages on iPhone using screenshots. However, if you have a large number of messages to print, this method may not be very efficient as you will have to take multiple screenshots and print them one by one. In that case, you may want to try the following method.
2. Convert text messages to PDF on Mac
One way to save your entire text conversation is to convert the chat to PDF from your Mac. However, as you’ll see in the steps below, if you want to download all the text messages you’ve exchanged with someone over a long period of time, you may have to scroll back and forth a lot. In some cases, the Messaging application may close automatically. This process works well for short-term printing/saving, but is somewhat unreliable for printing/saving conversations over long periods of time.
- open i-message Apps on Mac.
- choose text conversation I want to save it by Click on it.
- select File.
- Then select Print.
- From the drop-down menu, File type.
- please select Save as PDF.
- Now choose what you want save as, where If you want to save it, title, author and subject.
- then click keep.
- with this, PDF Conversation text and images.
3. Send a conversation to another phone number
Let’s say you don’t have access to a printer, but want to copy and export a text thread from your iPhone. You can send it to another number and print it later. This is great if you want to share parts of a conversation, but not the entire text thread you’ve been sharing with someone for years. To send a conversation, follow these steps:
- Start. iMessage app On your iPhone.
- find conversation What you want to save open it.
- Tap and hold message bubble In conversation.
- Tap more.. when the menu is displayed.
- Manual selection all messages Tap the circle to the left of the message bubble to save the message you want to save.
- select all messages Tap the circle to the left of the message bubble to save the message you want to save.
- Tap. share Options at the bottom right of the screen.
- Go ahead and choose. to People you want to share conversations with.
- click green circle up arrow To share.
4. Use of third-party apps
Another way to print text messages on iPhone is to use a third-party app: Eye-mazing. This app allows you to export your messages as PDF files that you can print from your computer or save as digital copies. This method is suitable if you have a long history of messages to print and want to save them in text format. Here’s how:
- After downloading, Install the app on your computer, and launch that.
- Connecting Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- unlock Tap your iPhone trusted device When prompted.
- In the app’s sidebar, device and click message.
- choose conversation I would like to export it.
- In the top right corner, select from and to The date of the conversation you want to print.
- Adjust settings as needed, printer Connect to your computer and click Print Also.
Alternatively, if you want to export your messages as a digital copy and save it to your computer, you can do the following:
- follow me same procedure The steps up to step 6 are the same as above.
- Instead of clicking “Print”, Export to PDF.
- click Next, and select name and location Specify the location to save the PDF file.
- click export, Wait until the messages are exported.
Cart important points
Printing text messages on your iPhone can be useful for a variety of purposes, including recording evidence, documenting important information, and preserving memories. However, it’s not that easy to do this directly from the Messages app, so you’ll have to use some alternative methods, such as taking a screenshot or using a third-party app like iMazing.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Have you ever printed a text message on your iPhone? If so, why and how did you do it? Email us. Cyberguy.com/Contact.
For more of my tech tips and security alerts, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report newsletter using the link below. Cyberguy.com/Newsletter.
Answers to CyberGuy frequently asked questions:
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved.